Friday, February 26, 2010

Sometimes kids just know

As my mind continued to drift to the little girl and her family this morning while getting ready for work, a part of me longed to just crawl back in bed with my own daughter and hold her tight all morning long. But work awaited and the roads were not going to be fun so I needed to go. I was being quiet so not to wake both her and Daddy as I try to every morning that they are home which also meant that I was not going to disturb her with a kiss goodbye but sneak out in the dark. This was a morning though that I needed that kiss and hug and needed to hold her tight once more before I left and I guess she knew that.


As I opened the door to the hall I heard a little voice in the dark say “Goodbye Mommy” and I quickly turned around and gave my dear daughter a huge hug and a kiss goodbye. I never knew she was awake until that moment and it is almost like she knew that I needed that moment this morning.


Kids grow up so fast (my oldest is 16 and I can’t figure out how that happened) and sometimes parents lose their children all too soon so cherish every moment that comes your way for that kiss and hug. They really are too few and too precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment