Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Tree

I have a confession...my tree is STILL not up. It's not that I am not in a holiday spirit (check out my farmville..lol) but with a toddler and a puppy and two dogs, I am not exactly thrilled to put it up just to tell the 4 of them - NO! My tree is beautiful when it is up but last year all the ornaments were only on the top half of the tree. My wonderful husband insisted on putting the ornaments on even though I knew the baby would get into them. He INSISTED that we could teach a 1 year old to NOT touch the tree. Well, he quickly learned the fight wasn't worth it and they all got moved up. This year he has even questioned whether it was worth putting them on. Especially since she is now a very ingenious 2 year old who has this darn plastic chair that she uses to get on EVERYTHING!

So this weekend one way or another our tree will be going up. Most likely without ornaments but it will still look pretty with the twinkling lights and big bow on top. And sometime around the 26th it will be quickly packed back up until next year. Maybe by then we can try the ornaments again.

1 comment:

  1. We haven't put up our tree yet, I am not sure when we will... It might not be until next weekend... I am too scared to see what happens w/ Zach. :-p
    Gotta love toddlers!

    ReplyDelete